Bow Leveling Guide
In this guide we are going to talk about the bow in Amazon's newest MMORPG New World.
The Bow is a versatile ranged weapon capable of dishing huge AoE damage as well as some heavy hitting single target abilities, it is also great for kiting enemies.
Sadly The Bow lacks crowd control abilities so we recommend pairing it with some other weapons that do, the spear for example.
The Bow mastery tree is split into two; The Skirmisher and The Hunter.
This is an AoE focused tree with several slows to allow you to be able to kite enemies.
There are three active abilities;
- Poison Shot: Shoot a poison arrow that on hit or land creates a cloud of poison 3m wide that lasts 6s. Foes entering the cloud are poisoned dealing 10% weapon damage per second for 20s.
- Evade Shot: Leap back 5m and shoot an arrow dealing 125% weapon damage.
- Rain of Arrows: Shoot a barrage of arrows 7 meters wide that deals 150% weapon damage
The key passive in this tree is Knee Shot, This passive allows any leg shot to slow your target by 10%.
It’s important to note here that slows are considered Debuffs in New World. So, a passive like Mark that deals 10% more damage to foes suffering from a Debuff means you will get 10% more damage for your enemies that are slowed.
The Hunter is a more single target focused tree that rewards you for landing headshots or long ranged shots.
There are three active abilities;
- Rapid Shot: Shoot 3 consecutive arrows. The first two dealing 100% weapon damage each. The last shot causes a knockback and deal 125% weapon damage.
- Penetrating Shot: Shoot an arrow dealing 150% weapon damage that passes through targets and continues for 100 meters.
- Splinter Shot: Shoot an arrow out 10 meters it then splits into 3 arrows dealing 50% weapon damage.
The key passive in this tree is Concussion, This passive allows you to do increased damage when you land a headshot and a chance to get your arrows back.
Recommended Bow Leveling Build:
This is a leveling focused build that will allow you to deal heavy damage from a range first, and have the kiting abilities to be able to survive if you do not one shot an enemy.
- Evasive Knockback - Evade Shot causes knockback of 2 meters.
- Go The Distance - Evade Shot grants you 5 seconds of 15% Haste.
- Blood Soaked Arrow - Increased damage by 10% after each hit. (max 50% damage.)
- Deep Strike - Penetrating Shot deals 20% more damage to targets 20m or more away.
- Rapid Accuracy - If all three arrows hit the same target, Rapid Shot’s cooldown is reduced by 50%.
- Final Blow - The 3rd shot of Rapid Shot deals 25% extra damage.
Aim True: One-Shot kill arrows will always be long draw (heavy attack) shots.
Long Range: Increases damage of the one-shot arrow by 20%. The player will need to always be at least 10 meters from their opponent.
Opening Strike: Further amplifies long draw (heavy attack) damage to foes with 100% health.
Surprise Attack: Amplifies damage of the one-shot arrow by 20% if the player waits 10 seconds between each shot.
Evasive Tactics: Before a one-shot arrow is attempted, the player will need to dodge to boost their damage by 20%
Concussion: One-shot arrows will always be headshots. This passive will give the one-shot arrow 20% extra damage when a headshot is hit.
Since the bow and most recommended weapons to go with it are all dexterity based, this is where you are going to be spending most of your points, we also recommend just going in for a bit on constitution as well.
- 50: +5% chance to critical hit
- 100: +5% thrust damage
- 150: Dodges cost 10 less stamina
- 200: +10% bonus backstab and headshot damage
- 300: Ammo has +15% chance of being returned, guaranteed critical hit after a dodge roll (can only trigger once every 10 seconds)
If you made it this far you've seen the best build to start leveling up your Bow, if you enjoyed the guide stay tuned we post New World Guides and helpful Youtube videos.
We also offer a variety of different New World Boosts and services that could come in handy.
Or you can directly book a Bow Weapon Mastery Boost right here