New World Great Axe Leveling Guide
The Great Axe is a Two-Handed Weapon in New World, that excels at close range cleave combat. It has self healing, crowd control, and some mobility making it one of the best to use weapons while leveling up in general, it can also be used for both tanking and dpsing
The Great Axe mastery tree is split into two; Reaper and Mauler
This is a tree is focused on mobility and critical strikes while being able to gap close with charge. .
There are three active abilities;
- Reap: Extend your axe 5m pulling foes to you and dealing 110.0% weapon damage.
Charge: Charge 10m dealing 120.0% weapon damage when you reach a target or Press LMB.
This ability has Unstoppable (you cannot be interrupted while preforming this ability.).
- Execute: A powerful overhead attack dealing 200.0% weapon damage. Deals 300% weapon damage vs foes under 50.0% health.
The key passive in the Reaper tree is Blood Lust. Blood lust increases your movement speed by 30% faster and deal 15% more damage to enemies within 15 meters.
Mauler is focused more around AoE damage and crowd control and has the good old spin to win playstyle.
There are three active abilities;
- Maelstrom: Fast-spinning attack that pulls targets closer to you and deals 110.0% weapon damage.
- Whirlwind: Spin attack dealing 50.0% weapon damage to all nearby foes. If you hit a foe spin again (Max 4 spins.) You can move while spinning. This attack cannot backstab.
- Gravity Well: Throw an axe to create a vortex that pulls foes to its center for 3s. Ends with a damaging Burst dealing 125.0% weapon damage. Range 10m.
The Key passive in the Mauler tree is Mauler's Fury. This passive increases your damage by 5% with each Great Axe attack for 3 seconds stacking up to 10 times. This synergizes really well with Whirlwind especially in a large group of enemies.
Recommended Great Axe Skill Tree Build:
Remember! This is a leveling focused build that plays around rounding up a couple of enemies and cleaving them down due to your wide swinging attacks and large self-healing capabilities
- The Collector - Reap range is now 8 meters.
- Hunger - .Heal yourself for 30% of the damage done by Reap.
- Fatal Attraction - After you pull, do a spin attack dealing 115% weapon damage.
- Frenzied Momentum - Charge now deals 120-140% weapon damage based on how far you traveled.
- Unpredictable Strike - During Charge you may press RMB to execute a swing attack dealing 140-165% weapon damage based on how far you traveled.
- Unstoppable Greed - Execute gains grit during the attack, making the attack unstoppable.
- Executioner - .Execute critical hits 100% of the time vs foes below 30% health.
The melee weapons in New World are definitely one of the better options to use while leveling. You don't use mana, you don't have to worry about ammunition which is great. The Great Axe is also one of the best melee weapons for that job, due to the amount of crowd-control, wide cleave attacks, mobility and self healing.
What you want to do is gather up some enemies, and start kiting while using your abilities
The Great Axe scales fully with strength so you mainly wanna assign your attribute points to strength, and since you are a melee character you want some points in constitution to be able to stay and fight for longer.
We recommend getting 50 Constitution and 50 Strength as soon as possible then start going off for the rest
So this is basically how you want to assign your points;
- 50: +5% damage to melee weapon light attacks
- 50: All consumables are +20% stronger
- 100: Increase max health by 10% of physical armor
- 150: 10% reduction to critical damage taken
- 200: +20% increase to armor
This sums up the guide and one of the most efficient ways to level up your Great Axe Weapon in New World.
If you enjoyed the guide stay tuned we post New World Guides and helpful Youtube videos.
We also offer a variety of different New World Boosts and services that could come in handy.
Or you can directly book a Great Axe Weapon Mastery Boost right here
Also check the other weapon mastery guides we have on the website here;
- Bow Leveling Guide
- Fire Staff Leveling Guide
- Hatchet Leveling Guide
- Ice Gauntlet Leveling Guide
- Life Staff Leveling Guide
- Musket Leveling Guide
- Rapier Leveling Guide
- Spear Leveling Guide
- Sword and Shield Leveling Guide
- Warhammer Leveling Guide