New World Hatchet Leveling Guide
The Hatchet is a One-Handed Weapon in New World, that scales primarily off strength and benefits from dexterity due to its nature of being a very fast attacking weapon and playstyle you can also throw your hatchet to get some mid range combat advantage
The Hatchet mastery tree is split into two; Berserker and Throwing
This is a tree is focused fast paced combat playstyle and maintaining buffs
There are three active abilities;
- Berserk: Triggers a Berserk Mode that increases all attack damage by 20.0% while active. Berserk Mode will be active for 12.0 seconds. Cooldown will trigger once Berserk ends.
- Feral Rush: A sprinting melee attack that causes the player to leap forward, hitting twice. The first hit deals 115.0% and the 2nd deals 130.0% weapon damage.
- Raging Torrent: Perform four fast attacks each dealing 90.0% weapon damage.
The Key passive for the Berserker tree is called Defy Death; When you receive lethal damage you will instead have your health reduced to 0 and gain immortality for 3 seconds, making you unkillable
Throwing is focused more in mid range combat and applying/maintaining debuffs on your target
There are three active abilities;
- Rending Throw: Throw an axe dealing 110.0% weapon damage and applying Rend, reducing target's damage absorption by 10.0% for 10.0s.
- Social Distancing: Throw an axe forward and dodge backwards, dealing 130.0% weapon damage and slowing targets by 15.0% for 3.0 seconds.
- Infected Throw: Throw an axe that deals 150.0% weapon damage and triggers Disease and weakens target for 5.0s.
The key passive, Persistent Hinderance, which extends all hatchet debuff durations by 30% on successful throwing axe hits. This allows you to hit a target and maintain your debuffs as long as you keep hitting them to extend it
Recommended Hatchet Skill Tree Build:
Remember! This is a leveling focused build that plays around applying as many buffs and trying to maintain a high up time
- On The Hunt - Increases movement speed by 20% while in Berserk mode.
- Berserking Refresh - .While Berserk is active, gain a portion of your health back every 5 seconds. Amount of health gained increases the longer Berserk is active.
- Berserking Purge - Triggering Berserk removes all Crowd Control effects (stuns, slows, roots) from the player.
- Uninterruptible Berserk - While in Berserk, your attacks are uninterruptible during Berserk and you cannot be staggered.
- Dispatch - If the target is below 30% health, Feral Rush deals 20% more damage.
- Aggressive Approach - Hitting a target with Raging Torrent grants Haste, increasing movement speed by 20% for 6 seconds.
- Final Blow - .Press Light Attack at the end of Raging Torrent to deal a final attack dealing 120% weapon damage.
The melee weapons in New World are definitely one of the better options to use while leveling. You don't use mana, you don't have to worry about ammunition which is great. The Hatchet offers fast paced melee combat and really good self sustain and with the health regen from Berserking Refresh will keep you topped off for easy leveling
The Hatchet scales with both Strength and Dexterity, but for leveling we recommend going for Strength and Constitution as it just provides more to a Hatchet playstyle
- 50: +5% damage to melee weapon light attacks
- 100: +10% damage to melee weapon heavy attacks
- 50: All consumables are +20% stronger
- 100: Increase max health by 10% of physical armor
- 150: 10% reduction to critical damage taken
- 200: +20% increase to armor
This sums up the guide and one of the most efficient ways to level up you Hatchet Weapon in New World.
If you enjoyed the guide stay tuned we post New World Guides and helpful Youtube videos.
We also offer a variety of different New World Boosts and services that could come in handy.
Or you can directly book a Hatchet Weapon Mastery Boost right here
Also check the other weapon mastery guides we have on the website here;
- Bow Leveling Guide
- Fire Staff Leveling Guide
- Great Axe Leveling Guide
- Ice Gauntlet Leveling Guide
- Life Staff Leveling Guide
- Musket Leveling Guide
- Rapier Leveling Guide
- Spear Leveling Guide
- Sword and Shield Leveling Guide
- Warhammer Leveling Guide