New World Rapier Leveling Build
The Rapier is a melee weapon that scales primarily off Dexterity and a little bit with intellect, its a very past paced weapon and requires precise timing to be able to push it to its limits
The Rapier mastery tree is split into two; Blood and Grace
This is a tree is mainly focused on damage over time effects and some added extra burst
There are three active abilities;
- Tondo: Slash so quickly that it extends the reach of your blade up to 5m. This strike deals 50.0% direct weapon damage but also applies a bleed that will deal 85% weapon damage over 12.0 seconds. This can stack up to 3 times refreshing previous applications.
- Flurry: Enter a posed stance and unleash a series of five quick thrust attacks with each strike dealing more damage. Flurry can be dodge canceled at any time.
- Flourish and Finish: Flourish performs an attack knocking back enemies. Pressing 'Light Attack' at the end of Flourish will continue this ability by automatically performing 'Finish'. Finish lunges forward, consuming all Rapier bleeds on any target hit dealing 110.0% of their damage immediately.
The key passive in the Blood tree is Bloody End, this ability enhances your Finish giving it an extra 40% damage increase
The Grace tree is more focused on timing and being able to react to your enemies.
There are three active abilities;
- Evade: Perform a small, reliable sidestep in your current movement direction that cancels any current activity and provides momentary invulnerability. 'Light Attack's made during Evade are performed exceptionally fast.
- Riposte: Enter into a defensive stance for 1 second. If struck during this ability, counter the attacker stunning them briefly for 1.5 seconds. You are briefly invulnerable upon a successful Riposte.
- Fleche: Leave the ground lunging forward for 10m in a stabbing motion piercing through enemies dealing 145.0% damage.
The key passive in the Grace tree is Momentum. The ability gives you a 25% increased damage on your next light or heavy attack after casting an ability, this lasts for 3 seconds and does not have a cooldown.
Recommended Rapier Tree Build:
Remember! This is a leveling focused build focusing on more of a single target, or small group of enemies, since Rapier has no real way of crowd controlling you are mostly a single target damage dealer
- Breathe In - Gain +20 stamina immediately on use.
- Allegro - .Gain 20% movement speed for 3 seconds on use.
- Adagio - Evading forward gains 15% increased damage on your next light attack. Ends on hit or after 1 second.
- Crescendo - Individual successful light attacks reduce the cooldown of this ability by 30% each.
- Overwhelm - Each hit of Flurry does 25% more block damage.
- Fleeting Strikes - Each hit of Flurry reduces the cooldown by 7%.
Flourish and Finish
- With Flair - Gain Grit on both Flourish and Finish (attack cannot be interrupted).
As we already mentioned this the Rapier has no real form of crowd control making it hard to pull in a large group of enemies and you should focus solely on single target. The weapon has one of the highest skill caps and will require you to dodge pretty much everything to be effective playing Rapier.
Don't be discouraged at the slow start of Rapier, mastering this weapon is very rewarding
The Rapier scales with both Dexterity and Intelligence and we recommend going with constitution as it gives you much needed tankiness
- 100: +5% thrust damage
- 50: All consumables are +20% stronger
- 100: Increase max health by 10% of physical armor
- 150: 10% reduction to critical damage taken
- 200: +20% increase to armor
We recommend going for the 100 Dexterity and 50 Constitution early
This sums up the guide and one of the most efficient ways to level up your Rapier Weapon in New World.
If you enjoyed the guide stay tuned we post New World Guides and helpful Youtube videos.
We also offer a variety of different New World Boosts and services that could come in handy.
Or you can directly book a Rapier Weapon Mastery Boost right here
Also check the other weapon mastery guides we have on the website here;
- Bow Leveling Guide
- Fire Staff Leveling Guide
- Great Axe Leveling Guide
- Hatchet Leveling Guide
- Ice Gauntlet Leveling Guide
- Life Staff Leveling Guide
- Musket Leveling Guide
- Spear Leveling Guide
- Sword and Shield Leveling Guide
- Warhammer Leveling Guide